Version: 1 Oct 2020
1. PERSONAL DATA
“Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data as follows:
a) when you submit any form to us,
b) when you enter into an agreement or provide documentation/information when interacting with us,
c) when you use our services, register for our events or activities,
d) when you interact with our staff or volunteers (via instant messaging, telephone calls, letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, email, website or social media platform),
e) when your images are captured via the CCTV cameras of our premises or via photographs or videos (taken when you attend our events or activities),
f) when you purchase/use any of our services or products or make a donation to us,
g) when you use our services provided through online or other technology platform (such as websites, apps, online accounts),
h) when we receive your Personal Data from third parties,
i) when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
It is your responsibility:
• to ensure that all Personal Data (whether your own or of a third party) submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct, failing which we will be unable to provide you (or such third party) with our products and services.
• to update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided to us.
• if you provide to us Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. such as your spouse, dependent, parents, children) to us, to represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Data (for any of the purposes listed herein), failing which you shall indemnify us and hold us harmless against any claims, costs, damages, fines, penalties, liabilities etc.
• If you do not wish the cookies in our website to collect information about you (for example, store your preferences and record session information), you can adjust settings on your browser so that you will be notified when you receive a cookie. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, by doing so, you may not be able to see certain functions or enter part(s) of our websites.
We may disclose your Personal Data:
a) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, investigate fraud or respond to a regulatory request;
b) as required by law and/or regulation and/or any other applicable instrument and any relevant legal, regulatory, government authority, ministry, statutory board or agency;
c) to our affiliates, branches, employees, volunteers, third party services providers and any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal data to.
4. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
The purposes for which TCCL processes personal data include:
a) process, facilitate, administer, manage and/or maintain your relationship with TCCL as staff, member, volunteer, participant, devotee, beneficiary, student and/or donor,
b) provide you with the services/products you have requested and maintain our relationship with you,
c) operational purposes such as assessing your suitability for subsidies, grants, programmes, services or any kind of analysis;
d) solicitations and other communications pertaining to needs, donations or sale of products and/or services;
e) provide you with materials on TCCL’s activities, products, programmes and services and/or those of third parties with whom TCCL may collaborate;
f) supporting, dealing with and/or administering your welfare;
g) to comply with laws and regulations, including requests from regulators, government, tax or law enforcement authorities;
h) for surveillance of our premises
i) to seek professional advice for obtaining legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
j) for marketing purposes, conducting market research and surveys to improve our products, programmes, services and operations.
Personal data may be transferred to, or stored at a location outside of Singapore.
The security of your personal data is important to us. TCCL will put in place the necessary security measures to safeguard your personal data as required by our policy.
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required.
8. ACCESS & CORRECTION
• have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy; or
• would like to obtain access, withdraw your consent or make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact us at:
a) email : DPO@thekchencholing.org
b) mail: Data Protection Officer
Thekchen Choling Singapore Ltd
2 Beatty Lane Singapore 209945